Many subject leaders are now looking at tightening their coverage for their year groups to ensure National Curriculum skills are both progressive and detailed in preparation for subject Deep Dives.
I have worked with other Computing leaders across my network of schools to help ensure there is a clear skills coverage and progression for each year group and tried where possible to use high quality free resources, apps and guides.
In the skills framework document, you will see skills linked into the Everyone Can Create schemes of work. Each set of skills covers different areas of the primary computing National Curriculum. Each term also involves an aspect of programming.
Many schools will need to adapt their framework based on their infrastructure, staff confidence and budget. However, working across multiple schools I have collaborated on these documents with other Computing subject leaders and found it both effective and flexible.
This document will be useful if you:
- Are a primary school teacher
- Are a Computing Lead
- Are a year group or key stage leader
- Curriculum development leader
- Interested in Deep Dive coverage
- Use iPads and Chromebooks in your school
- Use the Everyone Can Create Guides
- Want yearly skills coverage
- Want to see e-safety linked to the computing curriculum