In my role as a Primary Futures Ambassador and Pupil Leadership co-ordinator I feel passionate about raising aspirations for children and young people.
I support the Primary Futures initiative to get more children to connect with people who have a story to share.
Primary Futures activities in schools have a wide ranging impact on schools, teachers, children and volunteers. Short term outcomes include:
- Children broaden their horizons, with an increased awareness of jobs and the wider world
- Challenging gender stereotyping about jobs and school subjects
- Linking learning to the real world and in doing so increasing motivation to work hard
- Children have increased perception of self confidence and self belief
- Employers increase their engagement in primary schools
- Teachers are more confident and resourceful in delivering activities with volunteers from the world of work
Education and Employers, the charity behind Primary Futures, has carried out lots of research into the impact of employer engagement and more details can be found here https://www.educationandemployers.org/research-main/